- Set a sleep time routine (a diaper change, a swaddle, a snuggle) that you do before each time you want them to nap/sleep.
- Swaddle, swaddle, and swaddle. So many times people think their baby doesn’t “like” a swaddle. All babies want to be snug, and usually pretty tightly - but usually babies will fuss while actually being swaddled. Swaddle through it - you will be glad you did.
- If things get “off schedule” it is ok. Start back over with feeding time and try again to begin the cycle. Make adjustments as needed!
- Fussing and yawning are really late signs of tiredness, instead look for a baby who won’t look/focus on toys or make eye contact and keep the clock in mind as well. All of my babies would also begin to rub their eyes to show that they were ready for a nap.
- Total success will NOT happen overnight. Setting up structure takes effort, and usually sacrifice (of getting out sometimes) for a little while. Babywise talks about taking each step, one at a time, with the end goal in mind - so keep on keeping on and you will reap the beautiful benefits!
Getting Started - Babywise Basics
Hi! I'm Carrie! I like to drink Earl Grey Tea, watch Gilmore Girls, hang out with my man, read a good, suck-you-in fiction book, play with my babies, take long bubble baths, and learn about Jesus. Connect with me on Facebook for even more Wiley Adventures!