How are we already to year 8?! It feels like just yesterday I held you for the first time. And then I blinked and you were 8! My favorite part of this last year with you has been watching you grow in the Lord. I've watched you read your Bible, pray, ask really good questions, and grow in your love for Jesus. You want to tell people about Him and loving Him has become the most important thing in your life. There is no greater thing I could desire of you. Since I first knew about you fluttering around in my tummy, I have prayed for this very thing. I don't know where your life will take you in the next 90 years, but I know who will always be with you. I can't wait to see!
At eight years old, you:
- weigh 51lbs and are 49 inches tall, 27% for both. Your doctor said you were "perfectly proportioned" :).
- wear size 6/7 and size 13 in shoes (still tiny feet!)
- remain my champion sleeper.
- are reading on a 6th-8th grade reading level. Reading is still one of your favorite ways to spend your time.
- have had strep throat 3 times this year already! boo!
- love to write stories and draw pictures. You started blogging a little bit too :).
- like to watch Ninja Turtles, The Loud House, and Fixer Upper
- love to play with your brothers, especially Shepherd! I love seeing you bond with them!
- really enjoy riding your scooter outside
- played piano this year and did FANTASTIC for a first year student. Your recital was really special.
- say you want to go to Texas Tech and be a missionary when you grow up
We love you sweet girl, more than you could ever imagine! What a joy it is to be your mother!
This year was an "off" year for your birthday. Meaning, just a small family party. Grammy and Papa were out of town so it was just the 6 of us. :). The day started with Birthday Pancakes from Daddy. I cooked your favorite dinner which is currently Alfredo Pasta. You requested a Funfetti cake. For your presents this year you got a new book: The Tale of Despereaux and a fun new Lego set. We had so much fun celebrating you!