**As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases**

Disney World 2015 {Day 5}

Day 5 was our Animal Kingdom Day.

I know I've kind of said this about everything, but Animal Kingdom is our favorite. It's not everyone's favorite, I know. But Kyle and I both agree that they have done a fantastic job of keeping the authenticity of Africa and Asia, two of our very favorite places. And since we have both been to both Africa and Asia, we love the opportunity to take our kids "there"minus the 15+ hour plane ride.

The shirts I made for this day were my favorites that I made for the trip. If you don't get it, watch the Lion King and then try again.

We woke up early because we wanted to get to the park right when it opened to head to Kilimanjaro Safaris. We had a FastPass for later in the morning, but each trip the animals are different and they are the most active early in the mornings. We headed straight there and walked right on to the ride. Get excited to see Fischer in some pictures today!

After the Safari (the first time) we headed to Expedition Everest to use our Fast Pass, but took the scenic route. One of the things we love the most about Animal Kingdom is just walking around and getting the experience of a different culture. Totally our jam. 

We used rider swap for the Fast Pass and Kyle and Laura Kate rode first, because she is a maniac and turned out to be quite the adrenaline junky. While they were on the ride, Shepherd somehow fell and scraped his knee and it was bleeding to the point of needing a band-aid. I of course, had everything BUT a bandaid in my backpack, so I took the three boys back all the way across the part to the first aid station to get a band aid. After that was taken care of, we headed to meet back up with Kyle and LK. LK decided to ride with me again because she loved it so much. I loved the thrill (but not the heights) and I loved making a memory with my girl. When we got through, Uncle Joel was getting on the ride and LK chose to ride with him... so 3 times in a row. It was her favorite ride in all of Disney World.

After Everest it was then time for our FastPass back at the Safari. I know this may seem redundant to some people, but we truly love it so much and the atmosphere is so great.

It was lunch time and we had some whiney, hungry kids. We went back to the Harambu Market for some African street-style cuisine. We didn't want to eat a huge lunch because we had reservations at 2:30 for the Tusker House which is our favorite restaurant at Disney. I sure am using the word "favorite" a lot... it's just the truth! 2:30 is such a random lunch time, but it was the ONLY time we could get a reservation for and we didn't want to miss it.

After our first lunch, along with Joel and Ashley and their boys, we headed to the Lion King show. Which is phenomenal. They had moved the location since our last trip and to be honest, I preferred the old one. This new one made me feel like cattle being driven into the arena for the show. Even with a FastPass we ended up waiting for a WHILE.

But it was totally worth the wait because the show is seriously the best show at Disney World. Very very talented performers.

After the show we headed to Tusker House to meet up with the whole group for our lunch reservation. Tusker House is a Character Dining experience and Breakfast and Lunch are a beautiful Buffet. We have actually eaten all 3 meals there and I think of all 3, Breakfast on our last trip was our favorite. Regardless, the food is top notch and the characters are the Mickey classic characters (minus Minnie) in Safari gear. This is when Fischer finally perked up for some pictures... because Mickey. (This is so interesting to me because on our last trip it was the EXACT SAME WAY for Shepherd. He was so scared of all of the character interactions until he met Mickey at Tusker House).

Because of our awkward lunch time, and also because Animal Kingdom closes earlier than any other park at 6:00 (for the cast members to be able to care for the animals), we skipped naps. Some people handled this better than others. Also adding to the adventure, it started pouring down rain. I mean a full-on gully washer. We headed to Dinoland hoping to be able to get some rides in before the park closed. In the middle of all of that, Fischer ended up completely passing out in the stroller (covered with a clear shower curtain) and Archer was asleep in the Ergo under my poncho. Super comfortable.... not!! I kept trying to make sure he could get air and I was trying to push the single stroller with a sleeping Fischer while trying to keep the cover on it. All the while Kyle was pushing the double stroller with LK and Shep under that cover. So because of all of that debacle and because it was coming down so hard, we didn't end up riding anything.  We ended up heading back to a few little shops, including my favorite little shop where I got my favorite flip flops on our last trip and this trip I ended up with a really cute Japanese Tea Pot, and then heading out to our resort a little early. It was our last night at our resort and we needed to get packed up and ready to check out the next morning. 

See all of the posts from our trip here:


Be sure and "like" the Wiley Adventures page on Facebook right HERE

And follow me on bloglovin! 

I sell Scentsy to help generate extra income for my family and to make the world smell better. Check out my website here: http://carriewiley.scentsy.us  

This post may contain affiliate links - which means that if you clicked on a link and purchased an item, I may receive a small commission.  THANK YOU for supporting this blog! 

No comments